Fox Automotive offers classic car restoration, repair and maintenance. We have experience with Domestic and Import Classic and Antiques, Muscle cars, Hot Rods, and Trucks. From Chevrolet Camaros, Impalas, Novas, and Ford Mustangs to Austin Healy, Rolls Royce and Datsun we can do it all. If you are looking for service and maintenance, customization, or complete restoration we can help you. Our team of experienced fabricators, welders, body guys, mechanics and upholsterers are ready to serve your needs.
- A large majority of the ‘restored’ collector cars available for purchase were built specifically to be sold for a profit. Rarely are these cars done with the care, quality, or to the depth that they deserved. We have seen a number of ‘ground up’ restorations that have had to be completely re-restored in order to get them to the quality level the owner expected when they purchased the car. Low quality products and cutting corners to increase profit is why a lot of these cars have rather serious overall quality problems.
- A restoration controlled by the owner allows quality to be determined not by how much the car will resale for but from those exact specifications from the owner himself. You control the quality start to finish and decide where to focus those labor hours and when to cut corners. We have found even our driver level restorations are at a quality level far and above many cars up for sale as ‘complete – ground up’ restorations.
Cost & Value
- A well documented restoration performed by a renowned shop will always hold more value than one that’s undocumented or completed by an unknown shop or individuals. The quality of products used, the skill of the restorer, the process documentation can all affect value.
- The cost of a restoration is flexible depending on your specific goals and expectations for the completed restoration. We provide a large number of paths to fit every budget.
- It is important to remember that it takes roughly the same amount of time to restore any car. We strongly believe that the true value of a car is relative to the owner and not to the market price.
- If you are already enjoying a collector vehicle, but those years are starting to show. You may want to upgrade components, refinish the interior, the exterior, restore the trim, or have some other work you need done. Finding a company that has experience and a history with classic cars is very important when you are deciding to have work done. Restoration companies should be at the top of your list when deciding where to send your car. We have heard a lot of horror stories from owners who had a vehicle in for relatively simple upgrades.
- When you are in control of the build start to finish you are free to make changes to the car. Everything from addition of creature comforts, to modernizations and customizations will all be made available to you
- The personal connection to a car you receive from actually taking part in a ground up restoration start to finish is something unique. We have been part of some pretty emotional deliveries here including everything up to tears of joy from grown men. We strongly believe that you will find your overall enjoyment and satisfaction with ownership greatly increased